Monday, February 27, 2012

Stepping outside my Comfort Zone...

I'm a private person.   By blogging, even thought nobody is following me yet - this is a huge step for me!  I'm stepping outside my Comfort Zone, I guess at 50 it's about time!


What's keeping you from stepping outside your Comfort Zone???


I've been a traditional quilter for a long time and have never felt fully satisfied - I've always stayed just inside the lines.  So this quilt is something totally new for me.

Keep posted more to come...


This is the quilt I just finished.

Fabric: Rouenneries Deux by French General for Moda Fabrics. Purchase from Kathie's Quilt Shoppe.
Debonaire Quilt Pattern It's Sew Emma, Rachel Griffith purchase from The Fat Quarter Shoppe.


Now I need a chair cushion.



I think the back it should be just as nice as the front.

 Back to the chair cushion.  So I made a few extra blocks from the quilt.






So I decided why not and I cut the block diagonally, like this......




Then I sewed a solid red center w/ the gray center star and added a 1" border.


I made 2 sets of blocks and sewed them together and added a border.   

Stay tuned for the finished product.



This is what I've been reading:

The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker
By Elizabeth Hartman
Her Blog ohfransson

Block Party--The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog, & 12 Improvisational Projects
Kristen Lejnieks and Alissa Carlton
Kristen's Blog kristenunraveled and Alissa Blog handmadebyalissa




.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.