Sunday, April 22, 2012

I love half square triangles, there are so many endless possibilities.

Here's how I make them, 
I know there are other ways but this is my favorite and I never got the hang of thangles.

Finished size is 2 1/2"


I'm starting with a 3 1/2" square which will give me a 2 1/2" finished size. The rule of thumb is to add 7/8" to your finished size, I round it up to an 1".  So if you want a 3" finished size cut a 3 7/8"  square or in my case a 4" square.


First I cut my squares to 3 1/2 inches.





Then on the light squares I draw a diagonal line.






Then put your two pieces of fabric right sides together.
Then I sew a 1/4" on each side of the line.







Then cut on the diagonal line.




Iron the seam over to the dark side or you can iron the seam open.




Then I trim my block to 2 1/2" or whatever you desired size.



That's it very simple - then layout as desired.






Here's a link to different layout options. (Scroll to the bottom of the page.)
 Plus other great craft ideas like pillows, aprons, etc.

Check back in a couple of days - 
I'm going to have something special to show you - 
can't wait to receive it in the mail! 

You'll have a chance to get this item next!


Stay Tuned,
LYNN

“If you don’t start somewhere, you’re gonna go nowhere.”—Bob Marley




4 comments:

  1. Very nice tutorial. I really like the way your stars turned out. Are they going to be set on point in your quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv this too!! great tutorial! I am now a follower and have read some older posts. -Great blog-I especially luv the inspirational quotes at the end! Keep up the good work and I WILL be back to see whats up in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miki, Yes I plan on setting them on point.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.