Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some finishes...

  My girls have been camping for the last 4 days with my 
mother-in-law, sister-in-law and niece. 
So I was able to get some uninterrupted sewing time in!

I finished up the wonky square I spy quilt.  
 I think it's perfect, not to babyish and Wyatt can use it for years to come.  

Lots of fun fabrics in this quilt, dogs, puppies, trucks, bulldozers, police gear, 
hard helmets, work boots, fish, geckos, bugs, stars, dots, balloons and Winnie the Pooh.

 Astro from the Jetsons, for those of us old enough to remember.

I  did a straight line quilting around the inside of the white squares,
 and the same around the center blocks on all the squares.  


The back..


I've been wanting to make some new potholders, my current ones are so very old!  
So I made this up, I used strips of fabrics from fabric that I look at now and say 
"what was I thinking ?".  Once I put them all together with a few other scraps - 
I love how it came out and I thought it's too pretty to stick in a drawer.  

Front
I used a a 5" paper square to sew my 1' pieces of fabric to, 
and then sewed the 4 squares together and trimmed it down to 8.5" x 8".
I cut a 9" square for the back and batting.  

 Film in the Fridge has a good tutorial if you would like more details. 
I also saw that Modern Quilting Magazine has a tutorial on stands now.



Back


I think I'll use it as a mug rug beside my favorite oversize chair.


Enjoy your day,
LYNN


1 comment:

  1. I love everything about that quilt Lynn. Your potholder turned mug rug is great too. I really need to make some potholders for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.