Sunday, August 5, 2012

Evolution of Quilting...

I was catching up on some blog reading last night and came a crossed this blog on the quilting evolution, over at Sometimes Crafter I found it very interesting and you might too. 


I started out as a traditional quilter, matching all my seams and points and modern quilting threw me for a loop.  The thought of cutting or sewing fabric without measuring or not taking an exact 1/4" seam just didn't feel right.  But at the same time I was not quite a traditional quilter - I never put borders on my quilts and I've always made the back look as nice as the front.  I've alway believed that a quilt should be used, it's a gift to love, it's like being wrapped up in a hug.


Love to hear your thoughts.


Please enjoy the photos from my garden and of my daughter trying to get Little B (one of our chickens) to eat blueberries from her hand.











Love the expression!!
Guess what the chicken did afterward??


Have a wonderful day,
LYNN

Every moment you get is a gift. Spend it on things that matter.

2 comments:

  1. Funny picture! Are those golden comets? I raise comets!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several different breeds, this one is a Buff Orpingtons. Chickens are amusing!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.