Sunday, September 16, 2012

Table Runner stitch and quilt as you go..


I've gotten quite a bit done this week.  

So we have this table by the front door and the top really needs to be refinished.  
And since I didn't see that happening anytime in the near future,
 I made a table runner to make it look all pretty again.

This was quick and easy to make. The idea is based on string piecing, except instead of using paper as your foundation, I used the batting and backing.  

I took strips of fabric between 1" to 2.5" but you can use any width you like.
I cut a piece of the backing fabric and a piece of batting that was 16" by 46". 
(I cut it about an inch bigger so that I could trim it after I was done stitching.)

I started in the center and laid my first piece upright and the second piece on top face down and made a 1/4 inch seam through all layers.  
 I ironed as I went to keep it neat and crisp.   Then I added my next piece and so on. I finished the right side and then I moved on to the left side.  After adding a few pieces I straight lined machined quilted about 1/2" apart.  Then I bound the table runner.  Fast and quick project - the machine stitching took me longer than the piecing of the runner.
If you would like more info on this please contact me.









Wall hanging continued..
Quilting is all done and now on to the binding.



I made this wall hanging using Australian Aboriginal and Batik fabrics that I had in my stash.



Well I'm back to work on Monday after 18 days off.  
If only I could figure out away to work from home!

Have a good day,
Lynn

"People will forget what you said, 
People will forget what you did,
But people will never forget
how you made them feel."
Maya Angelou




5 comments:

  1. O Lynn it looks fantastic!!!!
    The runner is lovely on that little desk too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely have to try this table runner. It is gorgeous and sounds easy but that isn't the only reason....I have the exact same table as you do! When I clicked to enlarge the photo, I had to stare...and realized that your table is my table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get daily ideas and methods for earning $1,000s per day ONLINE for FREE.
    SUBSCRIBE NOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.