Saturday, October 20, 2012

Spice of life....


I saw this quilt in the background of a quilting magazine, I did some research and found the instructions in Miss Rosie's Spice of Life Quilts.  The name of the quilt is True Blue, it's done in scarps of blues and whites.  Lately I've been on a red kick, and decided I wanted to make this in red, with a beige/tan background and making the small pinwheels in a different color, dark brown. I also adjusted the pattern, the quilt was much bigger than I wanted to make, 85 x 85 and I just want a lap size. 
 I always seem to adjust or modify the patterns in some way, do you? 






 Here are the red, brown and beige/tan squares.  
Lines draw diagonally with pencil on the light squares.


I have Fridays off, so I had a half an hour before I had to get the kids ready for school. I chained pieced the 5" squares, 40 sets, yeah me!  You can see it's still dark outside the and the photos aren't the best. 


All set to be cut.

Ready,cut..

All cut..


To be continued....

LYNN

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” 
Mark Twain

2 comments:

  1. I like that quote at the bottom! Even though leaving the shore can be scary sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be gorgeous! The pattern looks great and I am absolutely the same: modifying patterns at least to the size I need!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.