Sunday, November 4, 2012

November blocks for Stash Bee...


The first blocks are for Hive #2 Laura, she wanted us to do a self portrait and a portrait of a pet.  You can read more about the process here. I have the normal pets, two dogs, two cats and several chickens.  But I wanted to do something different and since I've very fond of the classroom pet, Fredrick, that we babysat several times this past year.


This was a coloring page I found online. I made his body from one piece of the olive green and then I layered 8 separate pieces on for his shell. 


 My self portrait.  

This is also from a coloring page I found online and then traced out the pieces on fusible webbing. I actually ended up making three copies of the hair, one was fused on to the gold base, the medium yellow and the light yellow.   My hair was made by making a base layer of the dark gold,  I then cut the medium and light yellow into strips and placed them over the dark gold base and ironed and then I stitched them down. I hope this make sense.  



Hive #4 blocks for Jessica, she blogs over at Sew Crafty Jess.  
This was a super quick block to make and I can't wait to see the finished quilt.



Don't forget to vote for your favorite quilt 


I'm bumming, I was planning on entering a quilt, I kept putting it off because I couldn't decide and then Hurricane Sandy came for a visit and we lost power and then it was too late.  There are so many wonderful entries it's hard to choose just one.



A couple of nerds, a vampire and a witch oh my!


Have a wonderful day,
Lynn


Every great dream begins with a dreamer.

Always remember,
you have within you
the strength, the patience,
and the passion
to reach for the stars
to change the world.
Harriet Tubman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.