Sunday, February 3, 2013

Touchdown...

Happy Super Bowl Sunday?  Will you be watching the game??  I'll watch a little here and there, who doesn't want to see the commercials!  But I'm going to try and get some sewing done.  No Field Hockey today because it Super Bowl Sunday.  

Yesterday we spent celebrating my mom's 71st birthday, we all chipped in and purchased a flat screen TV, she was so happy it brought tears to her eyes!  It something she would have never purchased for herself!  So much fun in our dysfunctional family!


I'm super excited......
I'm 2 followers away from hundred, I think it will be time for a giveaway.  

I'm 9 post, well 8 after this one from my 100th post, 

On the 26th of this month it's my blog anniversary!  

So I can see some giveaways in the near future!  
I want to thank each and everyone of you for following me!  

I would love to have feedback on what you would like to see more of in from this blog.  I've just been using it to recording my quilting journey.  I've realized I love the design process.  My least favorite part is the finishing, lots of UFO's around here.  Lots of orphan blocks, that oh I think I would love and I make up the sample block and I say to myself nope don't like that.  Several tops completed but not quilted. 

 There are not enough hours in the day to complete or make all the ideas that are going around in my head.  It's that day job that keeps getting in the way, LOL!  Don't get me wrong - I'm very grateful that I have a job! I was laid of a few years ago and was out of work for almost a year, then started working again and got laid of 6 months later.  So I'm very thankful that I have a job!  


This is what I've been working on:

I'm the queen bee for February over at Stash bee.

I'm having the lovely ladies make a wonky star and wonky log cabin blocks.  I'll be donating this to a local charity for Tweens/Teens.  I asked for bright, fun unisex colors.



I've been playing around with some wonky cross blocks.
I seem to be on a red, gray, off white color scheme lately.


I've also been playing around with my scraps and started working on the scrappy trip along that has been all over the internet,  you can find the tutorial for this over at Quiltville.

Not sure about this, kind of dark - needs some brighter fabrics.



Then I saw this quilt on Pinterest and followed it back to Elizabeth Hartman blog Oh, Fransson!
You can find her instructions here, Mod Mosaic.


Mosaic blocks
These fabrics might look familiar I used them on my x and + quilt


Block sizes
10.5 x 12" and 5.5 x 12"


Happy Sunday,
Lynn

‎"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside you." 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 comments:

  1. Your mom looks great!! I'm glad you had a good party! I love birthday parties!! Your blocks look amazing... As always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great birthday! I love to surprise people. It is so much joy.
    Love the mosaic. It is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up your good work and blog post, I like it the way it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.