Sunday, March 24, 2013

Maple Syrup Sunday..


We managed to get our teenage girls up at 7:30 this morning to go enjoy some yummy pancakes at our local farm for Maple Syrup Sunday.  
We waited in line for an hour but it is so worth it!  

All the ingredients for the pancakes comes from their farm; the wheat, the eggs, butter, milk and Maple syrup!  My kids love their milk, it comes in many different flavors from banana, orange cream, blueberry, coffee, etc. plus your normal favorites of chocolate, and Strawberry.  Don't you just the love the glass bottles!!
It's a great way to get and support your local farmers, no farms no food.


On another note I finished up the pillow I was working on:




I also finished two out of my five blocks for the Spring Round of the

The block design came from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks Vol. 5 - Summer 2012
This block was design by Jina Barney Designz.
It's called Five of Diamonds.

Hive #6 Block for Amie

Hive #6 for Tricia



I'm linking up with Plum & June, Simply Miss Luella is hosting this week.  
Check out her lovely Liberty Pillow.

Enjoy your evening.


8 comments:

  1. Lynn, Love your pillow and the fabric that you used. What fun you had with your family this morning. Glad the hour wait was worth it. Stopping by from 'Let's Get Acquainted."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blocks! Now I'm craving pancakes... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you get some pancakes soon..

      Delete
  3. Your work is beautiful! How fun to live near such yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting from "Let's Get Acquainted" - What an amazing scene - maple syrup, pancakes, milk! I love the pillow, and I think the back is just as sharp as the front. Lovely "bee" blocks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We buy local milk in bottles too. I love the bottle carrier. I'd love to find one of those. I'm trying to make a good sturdy bag to carry our bottle :)
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.