Sunday, April 7, 2013

Modern 4x5 quilt bee...

I've been working on my blocks for the Modern 4x5 quilt bee.  I found this great block in the Quiltmaker's 100 blocks, Volume 5, Summer 2012.

Colours: Neutrals-blacks, taupes, greys, avocado/puce green, white
Background: Anything in above colours.

AmieJ Designs 
Colours: pink, aqua, grey
Background:White

Colours- red, aqua, white
Background-White


Colours: aqua, orange, medium/light grey
Background: light/medium grey or gray and white text prints.


MissRiain 
Colours: red, grey, pops of white/dream, black/white prints
Background: grey or red

K&S Design Girls 
Colours: warm red, dark grey, off white
Background: grey or off white

Life has been crazy busy, we've been away the last two weekends traveling for one of my twin daughters indoor Field Hockey team.  Yesterday was the last tournament of the season.  Yes, I'm glad it's over but now what will I do with those 4 extra hours on Sundays?  I'm sure I can think of something!  
She's off to High School in the fall and the incoming Freshman start Field Hockey practice once school gets out for the summer.  So I will enjoy the next couple of months.  Don't even get me started about my baby girls going off to High School in the fall, I have no idea where the time has gone.  I guess I'll just hang on and enjoy the ride.

Thanks for stopping by,
"No kind action ever stops with itself. One kind action leads to another. Good example is followed. A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves." Amelia Earhart (1897-1937)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn ... love your block designs ... especially the red / black and green / black ... very modern! I feel the same about children growing up in the blink of an eye ... I look at my girl and can't believe where the time has gone as she has so quickly become "mommy's big girl"

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the blocks are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.