Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Finishes....

Finished up my PB&J Quilt, Cottage Chic, that I had linked up here, with Leanne over at She can Quilt for the 2013 Q3 Finish-A-long

I did an overall meandering stitch which I love! 
Original post can be found here.  

I'm putting this quilt up for sale in my Etsy Shop.


Cottage Chic

Back is a yellow and white polka dot with a strip of red and white polka dot.
Yellow is from The Emperor's Garden collection by Maywood Studio.


My second finish this week is a quilt for one of my teenage daughters, she'll be fourteen on Saturday.
She requested a grey and purple quilt.


I did a meandering stitch around the blocks, so the blocks would pop out.

I got the idea from this quilt from Quilt Magazine Aug/Sept 2013 Issue.
The quilt is called Floating in Air designed by Lori Krueger. Here Blog is here.

I changed up the pattern a bit, I made my blocks wonky.  I loved the scattered look.  
The background is Kona Steel.


I love the back, I used all the left overs from the half yards I had ordered.

I also finished up my Bee Blocks for Stash Bee Hive #4 and #2
This bee is starting to wind down, last month for Hive #2, I'm sad.  Time to find a new bee, or maybe start my own?  Anyone interested?


Hive #4 Chelsa 
You can find the Tutorial for this block here.



Hive #2 Adrienne
She blogs over at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts

Enjoy your day,
You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself. 
— Galileo

1 comment:

  1. Lynn, I am so interested in your new block swap that you are going to create! Put my name at the top of your list! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.