Sunday, September 22, 2013

Log Cabin Star...

I've completed my second finish in the 2013 Q3 Finish-along.  
How are you doing on your list of unfinished projects? 

Log Cabin Star
Made from scraps from my stash
41" x 41"


I added corner pockets and a holder for a rod in the middle when I was sewing on the binding.  
This is the first time I tried this, super easy and quick.  I took a square piece of fabric and folded it corner to corner.  Inserted it under the binding before hand sewing the binding in place.


I really like the back - inspiration for another quilt.

I machined quilted a spiral in the center of the star and then a meandering stitched the rest of the quilt.


 One of my favorite blocks is the log cabin block, it so versatile!  Do you have a favorite block?

'Visualize this thing that you want, see it, feel it, believe in it. 
Make your mental blue print, and begin to build.' 
- Robert Collier


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.