Saturday, December 21, 2013

Cat Quilt-Along...

Have you seen all the cats showing up on Instagram? 
Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson came up this this quilt pattern.
  She's hosting a cat a day for 25 days or you can buy the pattern.
I made 42 cats for this quilt top.

When I saw the cats, I thought what a great idea for my mom for christmas, and I had two weeks to make it, I can do this!  So I remembered how much she liked the color combo of the black and cream "plus" quilt and my mom loves cats.  

I little peek-a-boo from my helper!



The machine quilting is not perfect but it is what it is.

I added a wider border around the cats, and then added 2.5" squares to make it bigger.
The finish size is 56" x 68"

I found this feather fabric that I thought was perfect for the backing.




Now I need to come up with a block tutorial for Stash Bee, I'm Hive Mama for Hive #9 for 2014, so excited for another round, we have a great organizer, Danny over at Mommy for Reals.  Thank you Danny for stepping up and taking over your doing a great job!


Wishing you and yours safe and happy holidays!

3 comments:

  1. great finish and so quickly! You might want to recheck your subject line on this post though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very pretty quilt! The colors are pretty, and the backing is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous quilt! I love your idea of doing all the cats in black.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love comments and feedback - don't be shy! I do read each and every one.